Main Duties & Responsibilities:
To meet the needs of our service users through:
- Contributing to the formulation and implementation of care and support plans, involving service users and in line with their assessed needs.
- Supporting our service user’s individual development.
- Monitoring each service user’s individual health, with their involvement, reporting any concerns to a senior.
- Working always to safeguard the individuals that we support
- Ensuring a healthy, safe and clean environment for service users in their home, encouraging their involvement in achieving this.
- Developing our service user’s contacts with the local community enabling them to integrate and access local facilities of their choice.
- Ensure Care Plans and other information about how to support Service Users are followed
- Supporting our service users in taking prescribed medication as directed in their individual support plan.
- Providing written reports on our service user’s progress and may be required to attend reviews.
- Compassion, good communication skills and a calm and considerate manner are essential for this important role
- Provide an ‘Outstanding service’ for our service users in-line with standards and regulations.
To work as part of a team through:
- Being aware of the aims and objectives of the home and working collaboratively with colleagues to achieve them
- Being familiar with all policies and procedures and adhering to them.
- Attending mandatory training and other training identified in personal development reviews to improve work performance.
- Participating in regular supervisions with the line manager and attend team meetings which take place frequently.
- Monitoring the conduct of colleagues and referring on any causes for concern (Whistleblowing)
- Documenting relevant information in care and support plans and use communication tools appropriately.
- Complete records as identified i.e., Live Daily Chronological logs/ Financial/Maintenance/Health and Safety/Fire/Medication. (This includes daily financial audit checks where applicable.)
- Maintaining the high standard of safeguarding of our service users.