General Labourer, Decorator and Logistics
Contract: 25 Hours per week
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm (excluding bank holidays, may be rare occasion for weekend work)
Working Location: Cable Street, Wolverhampton, must be available to occasionally work away on site, also required.
Please note: This job can be physically demanding and involves manual handling. It is essential that applicants are hardworking, reliable and are willing to go “above and beyond” where necessary.
The company are involved in the design and manufacture of a wide range of steel products including buildings, staircases, railings and various other secondary steelworks. We are currently undergoing refurbishments to the business premises and are looking to recruit labourers to undertake this work and for general fabrication duties as you grow into the role.
The successful applicant should be capable of working individually but also fit into our team. Have a good eye for detail and be willing to undertake new tasks as required by the business.
Key responsibilities and Tasks
- Work as part of a team and on own initiative;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to accurately read a tape measure and follow written and verbal instructions and to work to quality standards;
- Must be reliable and hardworking;
- Experience in the construction/fabrication industry desired but training will be given.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in operating mechanical equipment and hand tools.
- Ability to operate in a safe and efficient manner.
- Able to follow processes and procedures accurately.
- Forklift experience desired.
- General labouring work: such as groundwork – digging and laying footings, basic drainage work and laying blocks;
- Floor screeding;
- Construction/assembly work – installing cladding, steelwork and mezzanine floors;
- Painting and preparation for decoration;
- Picking, packing and occasional deliveries (full driving licence required).
Opportunities for duties to expand the role into general fabrication work are likely to also be available and picking and packing and deliveries of.
General fabrication duties may include:
- Experience with: shot blasting, spray painting and powder coating would be on interest;
- Including cutting and drilling of steel;
- Preparation of products for finishing (galvanising and painting);
- Use of press brake, bending sheet metal parts.