ESquared Internship (d/Deaf)
Intern required by ESquared, partner in an to support a project international project researching accessibility in financial services provision for d/Deaf customers. The intern will support the project remotely, so will require access to computer/laptop and the internet.
The intern should have direct experience of hearing impairment and be over 18 years of age.
- Undertake desktop research on accessibility provision (with another intern)
- Act as ‘mystery shopper’ in contacts with banks and other financial institutions.
- Complete a survey aimed at d/Deaf potential/actual customers of financial services.
- Distribute the survey amongst groups which represent or advocate for d/Deaf persons and encourage participation.
- Co-ordinate the development of a focus group of d/Deaf potential/actual customers of financial services for the project
- Act as ‘critical friend’ to the research team to ensure the voice of d/Deaf persons is reflected in communications.
- Assist with social media production (contributing to websites/Facebook/Instagram)
- Support other ESquared projects as required
As a Kickstart placement this can be 6 months at 25 hours per week. ESquared pay London Living wage of £11 per hour regardless of the age of the intern.
The focus group will be required for one year from Autumn 2021 so ideally the intern would remain beyond their Kickstart placement as an active member and engage with the production of training materials and guidance for banks and financial institutions which promote best practice in accessibility.
Further remuneration may be available.