Job Title: Cleaner.
• Be flexible to changing demands of the post
• Take pride in a job well done, committed to achieving high standards of cleanliness and hygiene
• Is punctual, reliable and trustworthy
• Willing to undertake any training relevant to the role
• Trustworthy, maintaining confidentiality at all times in respect of the nursing home related matters and to prevent disclosure of confidential and sensitive information
• Ability to manage time effectively
• Initiative and the ability to work without supervision, but as part of a team
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• To ensure that a high level of cleanliness is maintained throughout the nursing home on a daily basis.
• The cleaner will be responsible for an area (49) and will be expected to clean to the frequency and standards set out.
• To ensure standards and procedures are adhered to.
• To use cleaning materials appropriately, as instructed and economically; to inform Manager when stocks are low.
• To ensure that tools and equipment are in good working order, reporting any faults to Manager.
• Empty and clean bins and remove waste to designated area, including the separation of waste, i.e. recycling.
• To clean internal glass and internal and external door glass
• Where practicable ensure windows and doors are closed and lights switched off.
• Report to Manager any defects seen which are likely to affect security i.e. broken/cracked window etc.
• Cleaner will be required to use electrical and mechanical equipment, vacuum cleaner etc. after appropriate training.
• The cleaner is required to use only approved cleaning materials and in accordance with manufacturers printed instructions and COSHH regulations. Chemicals should never be mixed with other chemicals.
• To be aware of their responsibilities for Health & Safety of themselves and others